Cultivate basic and advanced skills to grow plants in Wyoming’s varied climates and landscapes with the Master Gardener online training program Feb. 10-May 12.
“This 14-week online Master Gardener training provides over 40 hours of gardening education,” said Chris Hilgert, University of Wyoming Extension Master Gardener statewide coordinator. “Whether you are a new or an experienced gardener, you can expect to learn how to successfully grow plants in your Wyoming landscapes and gardens.”
Registration is at https://bit.ly/master-gardener-2021.
Live classes are 6-9 p.m. Wednesdays taught by UW Extension specialists and educators experienced in their fields. Classes are also recorded for those unable to attend the live classes and for review.
- Introduction and overview of the UW Extension Master Gardener program
- Basic botany
- Season extension
- Growing vegetables and herbs
- Fruit trees and berry crops
- Site analysis and landscape design
- Herbaceous plants
- Wood plants
- Lawn care
- Integrated Pest Management and understanding pesticides
- Plant diseases and diagnosing plant problems
- Volunteering in the UW Extension Master Gardener program
Registration costs $75. For questions or more information, contact Hilgert at firstname.lastname@example.org.