Several trainings to obtain or renew pesticide applicator licenses are being offered across southeast Wyoming in February and March by the University of Wyoming Extension.
The training includes integrated pest management, how to properly read and understand the label, types and use of personal protective equipment and federal reporting requirements.
Four hours of continuing education credits are available to any commercial pesticide applicator license holders.
Applications will be submitted to the Wyoming Department of Agriculture for approval and issuance of licenses upon course completion.
Obtaining a private pesticide applicators license allows individuals to purchase and apply restricted use pesticides for private use.
County, dates, times and locations for the trainings are:
Goshen County: Please RSVP to Caleb Carter, Goshen County extension educator, at 307-532-2436. All sessions are in the Goshen County 4-H Building at the Goshen County Fairgrounds.
- Feb. 4, Noon to 4 p.m.
- Feb. 15, 8 a.m. to noon
- March 21, noon to 4 p.m.
Platte County: Please RSVP to Platte County Weed and Pest at 307-322-3210
- March 19, 8 a.m. to noon, Platte County 4-H Building, Platte County Fairgrounds, WheatlandAlbany County: Please RSVP to Brian Sebade, Albany County extension educator, at 307-721-2571
- Feb. 27, 1-5 p.m., Albany County Fairgrounds, LaramieLaramie County: Please RSVP to Laramie County Weed and Pest at 307-245-3213
- March 7, noon to 4 p.m., Building M, Laramie County Fairgrounds at ArcherCarbon County: Please RSVP to Carbon County Weed and Pest at 307-324-6584
- March 13, 1-5 p.m., Higher Education Center, Baggs
- Saratoga: Date and time to be determinedThere is no registration fee for the training, but please RSVP to plan accordingly, said Carter. For more information, contact Carter at 307-532-2436 or Sebade at 307-721-2571.